Women Crush Wednesday: Tara White

3:18 PM Moo 0 Comments

Sometimes on Wednesdays, I feature a Jiu Jitsu lady I admire! This week we have.....

"I never questioned my dream because of the feeling I had, so I just went for it!"

Nickname: The Taranator
Academy:  Jiu Jitsu League (Atos Long Beach)
Lineage :Mitsuyo Maeda > Carlos Gracie Reyson Gracie > Osvaldo Alves > Luis Dagmar >André Galvão> Kevin Howell> Tara White
Belt Level:Blue Belt (achieved in 6 months)
Signature Position: Unknown
Weight Division: Heavy Weight

Why I love her: She is the number 1 ranked blue belt, is a champion in gi and no gi and she's an absolute machine on the mat! She is so skilled that she progressed from white to blue belt in a mere 6th months. She is as (if not more) entertaining to watch than most higher belts I have seen. She's may not be small, but she doesn't fear moving like she is. She is great on her back, pulls guard,moves quick and is technical as hell in addition to her powerful top game. Her explosive energy and background in football make her dangerous on the takedowns and prove she would be a force to be reckoned with in many sports. With her father being USC Heisman winner, Charles White, it's not surprising to see that athleticism runs in the family.


Best Asset: I most admire her aggressive nature and competitive spirit. Often female athletes are told to be humble and quiet,for fear of upsetting anyone or coming across unladylike.She is all woman and an incredibly fierce,strong, dominant,unapologetic one at that!  She totally won me over after her No Gi win against Gracie Barra blackbelt, Tammy Greigo. She handled her masterfully and came out with the win. Then she lifted her hands in the air, thumped her chest and said "That's what I'm talking about, baby. Atos Baby" before triumphantly striding off the mat.

If you don't know her now, you will very soon! She is going to do some big things in the Jiu Jitsu world!

0 comments: