Team Texas: William Tackett

10:53 PM Moo 0 Comments


Name: William Tackett

Rank: Purple

Hometown: Austin, Texas

Where you train: Brazilian Fight Factory

How long have you been training? I started back in 2009.

Favorite Gi? Archetype 😍

What’s in your gym bag? A gi, rashguard, mouthguard, and a towel.

Favorite submission? Rear naked choke!

Favorite thing about the Jiu Jitsu community in Texas?
That I have seen the Jiu-Jitsu community grow from a smaller scale to now one of the biggest communities In the U.S.

What’s one thing you would change about the Texas Jiu Jitsu community?
More super shows in Austin, like Kasai, F2W, and other big shows

What is your greatest accomplishment?
Although I have won a few good titles, I am most proud of my run at the ADCC Westcoast trials where I took second place.

What has been your biggest struggle in Jiu Jitsu?
Finding like minded people who have the same goals and drive as me. I feel I have found that at Brazilian Fight Factory 😁

If you could give any advice to your white belt self, what would it be? 
Build your game. Dont just have a bunch of random techniques, make them in a sequence of eachother and build a system.

What motivates you to train on days when you just don’t feel like it?
My team! I used to have to tell myself that my opponents were training harder, but now I know that my team is training if I'm not, and they will pass me up if I slack off.

If you could take a private lesson with any Jiu Jitsu practitioner who would it be? 
The GOAT, Roger Gracie.

Who is your favorite competitor to watch? 
I love watching JT Torres!

Who is your favorite TX competitor to watch? (outside of your current affiliation) 
Although he's no longer in Texas, I gotta go with my brother Roberto Jimenez!

What’s your perfect Jiu Jitsu playlist?
I dont like to listen to music before competition, I feel it distracts me from my fight. So I like to just stick ear plugs in and play no music

What do you remember about your first day of Jiu Jitsu? 
We practiced shrimps and side controle escapes and then watched the adults spar.

What do you remember about your first tournament?
My and my brother were at a local Naga and we both won our divisions by submission! After we got our swords, we were hooked!

What is your post-competition meal/restaurant?
 I love Pizza and Sushi! I never complain with either 😂

When you’re not training Jiu Jitsu, where can we most likely find you?
 Either in my bed or in the kitchen 😂 On a serious note, I really dont do much outside the gym besides go to church and spend time with family.

Anything exciting coming up?
I still have alot planned for this year! NOGI Pans, NOGI Worlds, and some super fights!


0 comments: